Tom Brady

Tom Brady enters his Super Bowl 53 searching for his sixth championship win.

It’s a battle for the ages this Sunday, as the new and shiny Los Angeles Rams take on the battle-tested dynasty of the New England Patriots. With just one day away, The Breeze staff makes its picks of who will hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

Blake Pace: This has a chance to be one of the more meticulous, detail-oriented Super Bowls we’ve had in recent history. I love both of these coaching staffs and their ability to dissect a game, but I really worry about the depth of the Rams. I expect the Pats offense to run up-tempo from start to finish, and think that tight end Rob Gronkowski — in his last NFL game — has a huge day against a weak linebacking unit of LA. The “bad boys for life” add another ring to the display case, and prove they’re still not done yet. FINAL SCORE: NE 31, LAR 27

James Faris: The one thing we know is that this will be a chess match. Sean McVay and Bill Belichick will bring great gameplans and will make the necessary adjustments, but the coaching subplot is with Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels against Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips. Jared Goff will play like he belongs and LA will attack New England's lack of speed horizontally through play-action. However, the Rams’ limited pass rush — 15th in sacks this year — won't be able to make Tom Brady uncomfortable. FINAL SCORE: NE 27, LAR 23

Noah Ziegler: If the Super Bowl goes to overtime, Buffalo Wild Wings is offering free wings on Feb. 18, so this game has to go to overtime. While Rams head coach Sean McVay will come prepared and give the Patriots lots of problems, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady aren’t done yet. FINAL SCORE: NE 38, LAR 35 (OT)

Andrew Oliveros: What a coincidence that once again there's going to be an LA team vs. a Boston team just like it was for the World Series, but what can you do. If the Rams want to win this game; their defense must step up. Their defense has big names like Donald, Suh, and Talib, but to be honest their defense was disappointing this year. The Rams offense will always be a talented high-scoring offense, though they need to do it when it matters. In-order for the Patriots to win, they must start fast and not let LA thrive on offense. FINAL SCORE: NE 42, LAR 41

Kevin Haswell: The Patriots come in as arguably the hottest team in football following their overtime win in Arrowhead and I don’t see that changing Sunday. Tom Brady and company will dominate the time of possession and come out with another Super Bowl victory. FINAL SCORE: NE 31, LAR 28

Matt Weyrich: This game comes down to one thing: Bill Belichick vs. Sean McVay. Can the young, well-groomed football wunderkind take down the grizzled veteran with more rings than a wildly indecisive divorcee? McVay has taken the NFL by storm and teams across the league are searching in desperation to fill their head-coaching voids with someone else cut from the same cloth. Belichick is perhaps the best coach in the history of the sport, but he’s also fell victim to a few losses on the big stage. Mark Super Bowl LIII as another notch in the L column for New England and the beginning of a dynasty in Southern California. FINAL SCORE: LAR 27, NE 13.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more football coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.