JMU women's soccer

JMU women's soccer fell to Northeastern on Sunday, snapping its four-game win streak.

JMU women’s soccer lost 2-0 to Northeastern (7-6-1) to fall to 5-7 on the season (2-1 CAA). The loss snapped the Dukes four-game win streak and was the first CAA loss.

JMU started off the first half strong, putting constant pressure on Northeastern senior goalie Nathalie Nidetch. In the 10th minute, sophomore forward Ginger Deel missed an opportunity when her header just went over the crossbar. The Dukes had three shots on goal in the first half, while Northeastern didn’t have one. However, JMU failed to convert on any chances, and the contest was scoreless heading into halftime.

Northeastern came out firing in the second half and scored less than 15 minutes into the half when senior defender Eve Goulet scored a header off a corner kick by senior forward Hannah Rosenblatt. Later in the half, Northeastern senior midfielder Nicole Gorman scored, giving the Huskies a comfortable lead that they wouldn’t relinquish. Northeastern had six shots on goal in the second half, compared to three for the Dukes.

The Dukes lost for the first time since Sept. 9, and now Northeastern is the lone unbeaten in CAA play. The Dukes will try to get back on the right track on Thursday, when they play at Towson.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more soccer coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.