Morgan Cox (copy)

JMU women's golf next competes at the Husky Invitational in Sugar Land, Texas.

The Dukes placed fourth out of seven teams in the Battle of Boulder Creek at the par-72, 6,252-yard course.

On the first day, junior Lauren Comegys and freshman Carly Lyvers led the way for JMU. The two carded identical rounds of 77 (+5) and 78 (+6) to finish in a tie for 13th — two strokes outside the top 10.

Freshman Kate Owens and senior Jordan McKelvin finished their second rounds tied for 19th. As a team, the Dukes trailed third-place Wofford by 11 strokes, a deficit they couldn’t overcome.

The Dukes battled in Tuesday’s round to scratch 13 strokes off the team’s total. JMU ended up carding a 298 (+10) — tied for fourth-lowest card of the week. The performance put the Dukes six strokes away from third place, still held by Wofford.

Comegys and Owens both posted rounds of 73 (+1) on the final day. Comegys earned her third top-10 finish of the season, ending the tournament in eighth place. Owens finished just outside the top ten at 11th.

The team’s next outing is in Sugar Land, Texas. The Dukes will compete at the Husky Invitational hosted by Riverbend Country Club and Houston Baptist University.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more track and field coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.