Logan Reynolds

Senior guard Logan Reynolds tied her season high in points with 11 against Elon.

JMU women’s basketball defeated Elon 74-46 to earn its ninth-straight victory Friday. The Dukes had five players in double digits, including junior guard Kamiah Smalls who led the Dukes with 16 points and, all in the first half. Senior guard Logan Reynolds also contributed 11 points, which ties her season high, and two steals for the Dukes.

Redshirt junior guard Jackie Benitez, junior Lexie Barrier and junior forward Devon Merritt also hit double digits. Benitez and Barrier each put up 11, while Merritt scored 10.

This matchup was similar to the first meeting this season as the Dukes dominated in almost every major statistical category. The Dukes shot 52 percent from the floor, while the Phoenix shot only 26 percent. JMU also won the rebounding battle 43-28. On the defensive end, the Dukes created havoc by collecting eight blocks and six steals.

The Dukes move to 21-4 (13-1 CAA). JMU will travel back to Virginia to play its in-state rival William & Mary on Sunday. Tip-off is at 2 p.m.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more basketball coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.