M'Kaela White (copy)

Junior middle blocker M'Kaela White headlined the honors with being named to the First Team All-CAA.

Four members of JMU volleyball received 2018 regular-season CAA honors, the conference announced Thursday. Junior middle blocker M’Kaela White earned a First Team All-CAA distinction while senior outside hitter Bryn Recker was named to Second Team All-CAA. Junior setter Sarah Martin and redshirt junior outside hitter Kelly Vahos were honored with Third Team honors as well.

White was named to the First Team for the first time in her career. She leads the team, tops the conference and ranks sixth in the nation with 158 total blocks and is third all-time for blocks in a season in program history. In addition to her stand-out defense, White has 282 kills and 20 aces, placing her second and third on the team in those categories, respectively.

Recker received her second-straight Second Team All-CAA award and has reached the 1,000 mark in both career kills and digs this season. The Austin, Texas, native has a team-high 295 kills and is second with 296 digs.

Martin’s All-CAA award was the first of her collegiate career as she registered 2,000 career assists and 135 kills this season. She ranks third on the team in aces (20), digs (217) and blocks (97).

Vahos has appeared in 99 sets and picked up 212 kills, 71 digs and 55 blocks for JMU en route to her Third Team honors. She’s registered double-digit kills in nine matches as a complement to White.

The Dukes return to action in the CAA tournament Saturday against the winner of No. 3 College of Charleston and No. 6 UNCW. With a win, JMU would advance to Sunday’s CAA title game.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more volleyball coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.