Faith Anderson

Faith Anderson begins her dive earlier this season against Duquesne.

JMU junior diver Faith Anderson was named a member of the 2020 CoSIDA Academic All-American Division I honors. This is a program first for the Dukes, with Anderson being named on its first team.

Anderson was able to maintain a 3.98 grade points average while majoring in psychology. She’s also part of the CAA Commissioner Honor Roll and the President’s List for her academic efforts during the spring semester. However, while the CAA Commissioner and President’s List are based on the performance of the past semester, the Academic All-American honors are given based upon career statistics.

Thirty three out of the 46 members of the Academic All-American honors earned a grade point average of at least a 3.90, with 14 posting a 4.0 or better during their undergraduate or graduate careers. This year, Anderson was also joined by JMU softball’s junior Sara Jubas in the honors, making it the fifth time JMU has had two or more players named to this honor in the same year since 2003.

During the 2019-20 season, Anderson received her third All-CAA honors for diving. She was named CAA Diver of the Week three times throughout the season. She had three first place finishes on the 1-meter and five for the 3-meter during the regular season and took fourth and third place respectively at the CAA Championships.

"We are so proud of her accomplishments," JMU Diving Coach John Wolsh said to JMU Athletics. "Faith has blossomed into an incredible young woman while at JMU. She has transformed into a leader, not only by her actions, but her words as well. She is the well-rounded student-athlete that coaches look to have in their programs."

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.