Swim & Dive (copy)

JMU swimming and diving is undefeated so far this season.

JMU swimming and diving defeated UNCW, William & Mary and Delaware in the CAA Pod Meet over the weekend. The Dukes finished with scores of 272-80 against UNCW, 254-96 against Delaware and 236-110 against William & Mary. JMU improves its record to 5-0 and keeps its CAA-winning streak alive — JMU has won every CAA regular season meet since 2011.

The first day of the two-day meet ended with JMU claiming 10 of the 13 events. Junior diver Faith Anderson continued her win streak and took both the 1 and 3-meter dives. Both events were swept by JMU, with a 40.7 point gap between third and fourth in the 3-meter.

Junior distance freestyler Julianna Jones broke the pool record in the 1650-meter freestyle with a time of 16:59.82, averaging splits of 31 seconds per 50 yards. Junior Bailey Butler finished second in the same event, with a time of 17:33.57.

The second day of the meet held more excitement for the Dukes, as Jones continued to dominate in the distance freestyle events. She claimed a first place finish in the 500-meter freestyle, clocking a time of 5:00.09. 

Freshman backstroker Isabel Anbar took two first place finishes in the 100-meter and 200-meter backstrokes. Other finishes included sophomore Morgan Whatley, who came in second in the 200-meter backstroke and swept the butterfly events. 

The final event ended with a win for JMU, as the 400 freestyle relay took first with Jill Santiago, Sydney Kirsh, Bonnie Zhang and Karren Siddoway leading the way.

"You always appreciate wins, especially against CAA competition, but I was really happy with how the girls raced and dove overall. I thought they competed really well, and they always do at home. It's a lot of competing – three swim sessions and a diving session – in a day and a half is a lot…it's hard to stay focused, but it's great preparation for CAAs in February."

The Dukes take on Liberty University at the Liberty Swim Invitational from Nov.  22-24.

Contact Madison Hricik at hricikmn@dukes.jmu.edu. For more swimming and diving coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.