sasdf

Senior diver Faith Anderson dives during a meet. Anderson qualified for the 2021 NCAA Zones Championships.

JMU swim and dive participated in back-to-back meets to close out its multi-team competition season Saturday and Sunday and will send an additional five athletes to the NCAA Zone A Championships March 11 and 12. 

Senior diver Emily Gross contributed to the early lead for JMU during the Duke Dog Invite, earning an NCAA Zone B cut on the 3-meter and notching first place heading into finals with a score of 314.20. 

Senior diver Faith Anderson placed a score of 285.55, landing her an NCAA  Zone A cut. Gross finished in third, followed by freshman diver Lindsey Hammar in fourth with 276.50 and  freshman diver Lexi Lehman in fifth with a score of 275.60. Finally, senior diver Sarah Stim earned her cut with a score of 248.65 to round out the 3-meter event.

For the 1-meter dive, Stim dove with a score of 286.60 –– a Zone B cut. Gross came in second, followed by Hammar and senior diver Sami Ullman. George Mason University took first place in both the 3-meter and 1-meter dives.

Senior freestyler Julianna Jones traveled to the Liberty Last Chance Meet in Lynchburg, VA, on Sunday to compete in the 1,650-meter freestyle. Jones earned a personal best time of 16:35.63, nearly a minute faster than her previous time.

The Dukes will now have six total athletes competing in the NCAA Zone Championships, which begin March 11-13. Senior diver Sami Ullman will also join the five at the competition.

JMU has one final meet at Savage Natatorium against Richmond on March 6 at 1 p.m. This dual meet will be the final meet before the NCAA Zone Championships.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more sports coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.