Odicci Alexander (copy)

Odicci Alexander pitched 3.1 innings for the Dukes, allowing just one run.

JMU softball (51-10, 20-1 CAA) dropped its second straight game against No. 2 UCLA (51-6, 20-4 Pac 12) 7-2, ending its season. UCLA advanced to its fifth straight Women’s College World Series on Saturday night.

Redshirt senior pitcher/infielder Megan Good started for the Dukes, suffering the loss in her final game in a JMU uniform. She pitched 3.2 innings, allowing six runs off seven hits with two walks and six strikeouts. Good finished 2-for-4 at the plate with a single in the bottom of the sixth in her final career at-bat.

UCLA got the scoring started in the top of the third when redshirt junior pitcher/first baseman Rachel Garcia hit a two-run single to make it 2-0. The following at-bat, senior catcher/outfielder Taylor Pack smacked a two-run home run to make it 4-0. Pack finished the game 2-for-3 with two home runs and 3 RBIs.

JMU’s offense was held to only two runs off seven hits. Both runs came in the bottom of the sixth when sophomore infielder Sara Jubas singled down the left field line scoring Good to make 6-1. Junior infielder/catcher Kierstin Roadcap followed with a RBI single that brought home sophomore utility Sydney LaScola to make it 6-2.

Freshman pitcher Megan Faraimo started in the circle for the Bruins, picking up the victory to wrap up the Los Angeles Super Regional. She pitched 5.1 innings, allowing two runs off four hits with two walks and eight strikeouts.

Junior pitcher/infielder Odicci Alexander relieved Good in the top of the fourth. She pitched 3.1 innings, allowing one run off three hits with seven strikeouts. Alexander struggled at the plate in NCAA play, going hitless in the Ann Arbor Regional and the Los Angeles Super Regional.

In the top of the seventh Pack hit her second long ball of the game to finish the scoring for UCLA. Garcia pitched a scoreless bottom of the seventh to punch UCLA’s ticket to the WCWS.

JMU finished the 2019 season 6-8 against teams ranked in the top 25, as it finished with 50 plus wins in a season for the first time since 2017. JMU’s core will return next season — losing only Good to graduation — for another attempt to go to Oklahoma City for the first time in program history.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more softball coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.