TJ Bush

Redshirt sophomore goalkeeper TJ Bush posted his fifth shutout of the 2018 season with a 0-0 draw against NC State.

Despite a dominating performance, JMU men’s soccer (5-3-2, 3-1-0 CAA) settled for a scoreless draw with No. 17 North Carolina State (6-2-2, 1-2-1 ACC). The Dukes are now 1-1-1 against ranked opponents this season.

JMU out-shot the Wolfpack 15 to seven. NC State’s first shot came in the 57th minute and only had one shot on goal, but redshirt sophomore goalkeeper TJ Bush was able to make the save.

Junior midfielder Manuel Ferriol and junior midfielder/forward Tim Estermann had three shots each. Redshirt sophomore forward Carson Jeffris and senior forward Aaron Ward-Baptiste both registered two shots over the course of the match.

"It was a good away result tonight against a top 20 team,” head coach Paul Zazenski told JMU Athletics. “Our defending was superb and we created a ton of chances, but once again, we just couldn't get on the end of one. We were very pleased with the effort and desire from our guys and will look to carry that momentum into the rest of CAA play."

JMU’s next match is Saturday against the College of Charleston. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. at Sentara Park.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more sports coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.