JMU men's soccer

JMU men's soccer coach Paul Zazenski addresses the team during the Dukes 4-0 win over Gardner-Webb.

JMU men’s soccer was named the No. 25 team in the United Soccer Coaches Poll, announced today. This is the first time the Dukes have been ranked since 2011.

The team has put together a strong season and is on the cusp of winning back-to-back CAA regular season championships. JMU currently has a 10-3-2 (6-1-0 CAA) record with two matches left in the regular season.

"Our ranking is a testament to our guys and their constant dedication to the JMU men's soccer program," head coach Paul Zazenski told JMU Athletics. "We are very proud of this recognition and will do our best to work hard down the stretch to maintain our current form."

JMU has five shutouts in its last six matches, helping redshirt sophomore goalkeeper TJ Bush be third in the nation in shutouts with nine on the year. It looks to make it six out of seven tonight against Longwood.

The Dukes have been in ranked in other polls this season and currently sit at No. 15 in the Hero Sports poll and No. 28 in the College Soccer News Top-30. They also boast the No. 27 RPI in the country, which boosts the team’s résumé as the postseason looms.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more sports coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.