SoccerNationalAnthem.jpg

JMU's men's soccer team stands during the playing of the National Anthem before the game against Campbell University.

JMU men’s soccer will look to make it three consecutive CAA championships this season, as head coach Paul Zazenski revealed the 2021 schedule Tuesday. The season begins mid-February and continues through early April.

The Dukes play three nonconference opponents at the start of the season before shifting to CAA play. They play at defending national champion Georgetown Feb. 19, at George Mason Feb. 27 and welcome George Washington to Harrisonburg March 6.

After 15 days off, JMU opens its conference schedule. The Dukes will play two matches at home and two games on the road, with contests at College of Charleston (March 27) and at William & Mary (April 2). The two home matches are versus Elon (March 21) and versus UNCW (April 9).

The dates for the CAA Tournament will be released at a later date. As with all things regarding the pandemic, all games are subject to change in date, location and time.

"There is undoubtedly going to be challenging times ahead, but we are very thankful for the opportunity to have a season in any capacity,” Zazenski said to JMU Athletics. “Each game we play in the 2021 spring season will be significant so we are looking forward to seeing what this team is capable of achieving."

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.