DSC_2914.jpg

JMU football dominated during its second home game of the season.

JMU football’s schedule for the 2021 spring season is set. JMU Athletics announced Tuesday the eight-game slate that includes two non-conference opponents. 

With the CAA’s updated spring slate, each team will play six conference games — a home-and-away series with three other teams — and can schedule up to two non-conference opponents. 

In their non-conference games, the Dukes will take on Robert Morris on Feb. 20 and Morehead State on Feb. 27. Both the Colonials and Eagles are teams JMU has previously faced. The Dukes and Robert Morris have played one time in 2018, which ended in a 73-7 trouncing in favor of JMU. 

Against Morehead State, the Dukes have a 7-2 advantage in the all-time series. Most recently, JMU defeated the Eagles in 2017, 80-7. The last time Morehead State beat the Dukes was in 1986, where MSU won 27-24. 

In the CAA, JMU will face Elon, Richmond and William & Mary. The Dukes will travel to face the Phoenix to begin their conference slate, then will host William & Mary and Richmond in Harrisonburg. Following the two-game home stretch are two away games versus the Tribe and Spiders before the Dukes return to Bridgeforth for the season finale against Elon. 

JMU football schedule (dates subject to change):

Feb. 20: vs. Morehead State

Feb. 27: vs. Robert Morris

March 6: at Elon

March 13: vs. William & Mary

March 20: vs. Richmond

March 27: at William & Mary

April 3: at Richmond

April 10: vs. Elon

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.