vanhorse pic

JMU running back Solomon Vanhorse was allegedly arrested for a DWI, according to arrest reports.

JMU football redshirt sophomore running back Solomon Vanhorse was allegedly arrested in Harrisonburg for a first offense of driving while intoxicated (DWI). 

According to Virginia state law, DWI and driving under the influence (DUI) are interchangeable but are cited as a person with at least a 0.08% blood alcohol content.

Vanhorse was allegedly arrested at 5 a.m. on Sept. 12 at 2527 Bayberry Lane, according to the arrest report.

Although he’s listed as a running back, Vanhorse has served as a receiving option this season and is first on the depth chart at kick returner for special teams. He had two receiving touchdowns against Morehead State and four receptions for 19 yards against Maine.

JMU football has suspended Solomon Vanhorse indefinitely for a violation of team rules.

There will be no further comment from JMU football or the athletics department on this matter, sent in a statement by Chris Brooks, Director of Athletic Communications.

CORRECTION (8:41 p.m., Sept. 13, 2021): The story has been changed to reflect that Vanhorse, the JMU football player, has been allegedly arrested, pending comment from JMU Athletics.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more sports coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.