atlanticunionbankcenter12.JPG

View of the basketball court in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

The unveiling of the Atlantic Union Bank Center will be in a limited capacity. JMU announced Monday that 1,000 fans will be allowed in the new basketball arena for home games in the 2020-21 season. This limit could be altered depending on state regulations in regard to COVID-19 guidelines.

First look at the new Atlantic Union Bank Center

First look at the new Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020. The new facility is home to JMU team and guest locker rooms, meeting rooms, a practice court, lounges, restaurants, and many more commodities.

• Updated

View of the new stadium in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

• Updated

The ticketing office for football and basketball is now in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on …

• Updated

Large graphics made in partnership with Advent line the walls in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, V…

• Updated

View of the jumbotron in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

• Updated

A wall in the Atlantic Union Bank Center recognizing donors for the new arena at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, N…

• Updated

The Campanelli Club in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

• Updated

Another view of the Campanelli Club in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

• Updated

The Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

• Updated

• Updated

• Updated

in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

• Updated

• Updated

• Updated

• Updated

Matt Lewis, James Madison guard, practices on the new practice court in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrison…

• Updated

View of the new practice court in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

• Updated

A graphic, made by Advent, of the most recent championship for the women’s basketball team on the wall of the new practice court in the Atlant…

• Updated

Multipurpose room for pregame events, team meals, family greeting space after games, meeting room and more in the Atlantic Union Bank Center a…

• Updated

New weightlifting room in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

• Updated

Film room in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

• Updated

Locker room for the men’s basketball team in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov…

• Updated

Another film room in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

• Updated

The women’s basketball team’s locker room in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov…

• Updated

The Strickler Courtside Lounge in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

• Updated

The bar in the Strickler Curtside Lounge in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov …

• Updated

The control room with Daktronics board operation in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesd…

• Updated

The media room in the Atlantic Union Bank Center with media workspaces, pregame meals, postgame press conferences and more at James Madison Un…

• Updated

A view of the new basketball court in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. on Wednesday, Nov 11, 2020.

Mark Byington, the new men's basketball head coach, answers questions from the media in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison Univer…

• Updated

Sean O’Regan, the women’s basketball head coach, answers questions from the media in the Atlantic Union Bank Center at James Madison Universit…

• Updated

• Updated

Jeff Bourne, the director of JMU Athletics, answers questions about the Atlantic Union Bank Center from the media at James Madison University …

• Updated

Season tickets won’t be available for the upcoming campaign. 2020 Duke Club members will have first call on single-game tickets, with fans being allowed up to four tickets per game.

Students will be able to reserve tickets online, and student Duke Club members will have early access to claim their tickets. This model will be used for CAA play, which is scheduled to begin for the Dukes on Jan. 2 at Towson. JMU’s first home game comes two days later against the Tigers.

Tickets for men’s games will be $20, while the price for women’s basketball contests is $12. Each block of seats will be six feet apart from other groups of people.

The Atlantic Union Bank Center is JMU’s newest addition to its growing athletic facilities. It seats 8,500 and also sits next to the East Campus Parking Deck, which combined with the arena cost $139.5 million to build.

JMU men’s basketball will play its first game in the AUBC against Lancaster Bible College Nov. 25 at noon, while women’s basketball faces Mount St. Mary’s at 4 p.m.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.