Megan Good celebration (copy)

Redshirt senior pitcher Megan Good led the way for the Dukes, throwing 405 pitches for 21 strikeouts in 27.2 innings. Good also hit a home run in the final game.

JMU softball (51-8, 20-1 CAA) defeated No. 15 Michigan (45-13, 22-1 Big Ten) 3-0 in Game 6 and 2-1 in Game Seven to advance to the Super Regionals for the first time since 2016. JMU smacked three home runs Monday to win the Ann Arbor Regional.

Redshirt senior pitcher/infielder Megan Good started in circle in Game Six, earning her 20th victory of the season to force Game Seven. She pitched a shutout, allowing five hits with three walks and five strikeouts.

JMU scored the first run of the game in the top of the third when junior utility Kate Gordon hit her 22nd home run of the season to make it 1-0. Sophomore infielder Sara Jubas drove in the Dukes’ final two runs of the game with a home run in the bottom of the fourth and a RBI double in the bottom of the sixth.

Good started the winner-take-all game as well. She pitched a complete game, allowing only one run on five hits with six strikeouts. In the top of the third, she hit the go-ahead home run off sophomore pitcher Meghan Beaubien to make it 1-0.

In the bottom of the fourth, Michigan threatened to tie the game with two outs in the inning, but sophomore outfielder Cambry Arnold threw out the runner at the plate to preserve JMU’s lead. JMU added another run to its lead in the top of the fifth after sophomore pitcher/infielder Hannah File drove in Arnold to make it 2-0.

Michigan cut the lead to 2-1 in the bottom of the seventh when senior utility Alex Sobczak homered. After junior infielder Madison Uden singled to left center, Good retired the final two batters of the game.

With the victories, JMU will take on redshirt junior pitcher/first baseman Rachel Garcia and No. 2 UCLA in the Los Angeles Super Regional. In order to advance to the College World Series, the Dukes need to claim two wins in the series. Game 1 is set for Friday at 9 p.m. and will be broadcasted on ESPNU.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more softball coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.