JMU lacrosse vs. Maryland

Maryland's senior midfielder Jen Giles had a game-high four goals.

After struggling to score last week, JMU lacrosse (11-3, 3-0 CAA) dominated Drexel 19-9 on Friday thanks to a balanced offensive attack. It was its fourth-straight victory and the Dukes remain undefeated in CAA play.

After falling behind early, JMU ran off six-straight goals and never looked back. It scored 13 goals in the first half, more than it had scored in the last two games. In the second half, the Dukes scored five consecutive goals to put the Dragons away.

JMU dominated the draw-control battle 21 to eight, which led to numerous scoring opportunities. The Dukes saw 10 different players putting the ball in the back of the net — five of them scoring multiple goals. Junior midfielder Kelsey Reed led the Dukes with a career-high four goals on a perfect 4-for-4 shooting. JMU also received hat tricks from junior attacker Logan Brennan and freshman midfielder Rachel Matey.

It was the 10th time this season the Dukes had given up less than 10 goals in a game, including all three CAA games. They have won all 10 of those games.

Freshman midfielder Ava Frantz scored the first goal of her career in the first half. Junior attacker Maddie McDaniel chipped in with two goals, extending her streak of having scored in every game this season. The Dukes get back to battle Sunday on the road against Hofstra.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com. For more lacrosse coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.