ESPN GameDay

JMU fans flooded the Quad in 2015 during College GameDay festivities. 

ESPN announced on Sunday that College GameDay will make its return to JMU for the Dukes’ Saturday matchup against Villanova. GameDay, which airs every Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon, visited JMU in 2015 and set up shop on the Quad.

When the show came two years ago for the team’s homecoming game against Richmond, the buses arrived on Thursday to a massive welcome from students. College Football Live aired on the Quad Friday afternoon, before College GameDay took place Saturday morning.

JMU joins North Dakota State as the only non-Football Bowl Subdivision to host the show twice. GameDay visited Fargo in 2013 and 2014. JMU is one of just five non-FBS schools to host College GameDay.

On the field, the Dukes own the nation’s longest winning streak at 17 games. Villanova, which came into the weekend ranked at No. 12 in the STATS FCS poll, has won two consecutive games, including a 31-0 win over Maine Saturday.

Last year, JMU topped Villanova 20-7 behind a strong defensive effort. This season’s game, which sold out a few weeks ago, will kickoff at 3:30 p.m.

Contact the sports desk at breezesports@gmail.com.  For more 'College GameDay' coverage, follow the sports desk on Twitter @TheBreezeSports.