Located in the heart of campus, and built in the 1960s, The Village features suite-style rooms inside and basketball and volleyball courts inside. And it's within a 10-minute walk of everything on campus. The Village as it is now may not be around long, though: The university master plan cal…

Open until 4 a.m., one of Harrisonburg's newest eateries has become popular for late-night dining. The restaurant on East Market Street features burgers, barbecue and milkshakes, certain to fill those late-night cravings.

Employee Melanie Dearing says the shop's "homey feel and welcoming charm make people want to come back time and time again." The store features vividly decorated display windows and a bohemian-inspired decor.

When it comes to Mexican food, El Charro, with two locations in Harrisonburg and others around the county, was voted tops this year. From all-you-can eat chips and salsa to Mexican favorites such as tacos and burritos, it has become a popular place for students with a south-of-the-border craving.

Dave Barber, a driver for ABC cab, spends his weekends shuttling people around the city to parties. Clients call him "Cowboy Dave," and he says mutual respect between driver and passenger are key to a successful cab service.

It may be located on the edge of campus, but E-Hall still reigns supreme over other dining spots at JMU. Students cite better selections and atmosphere in naming it the best this year. Plus, parking nearby makes it more convenient.

Taste of Thai continues to be popular for students looking for an Asian flavor. The restaurant has been renovated in recent years, lending itself as an ideal place for special celebrations.

Students continue to check out L'Italia on East Market Street when they want to satisfy their Italian-food cravings. The food is tasty, and the atmosphere lends itself to special occasions.

The Studio was named the best salon in this year's voting. The Studio features all kinds of ways to be pampered, including hairstyling, waxing, nail services and more.

It's bound to happen: Your car is going to need to be repaired. Students said in this year's voting that Aamco is the best place to get those repairs fixed.

With a wide variety of food and live music, Clementine is popular for those wanting a nice place for a date. Casual dining is available, as is an outdoor patio and a basement lounge. The low-light adds to the romantic atmosphere.

Students sometimes call it "Club Carrier" for the inevitable interactions they'll have with fellow students or faculty. It's the popular library, the one buzzing with action in the lobby. It's a social place, and that makes it popular in this year's Carrier vs. Rose battle.

Union Station, a former railroad building, is elegant and comfortable at the same time. You can either stop in for a drink or have a whole meal. It's also nicely located away from some of the bustle of the center of downtown.

Our Best of the Burg voting included so many housekeepers to receive the best staffer honor that we decided to award it to them all. So, to the people who make this place look so beautiful and clean, we say thanks, and well done! And students voted David Daniel as the best faculty member on …

It would take an entire day to drive the length of Skyline Drive. And then you'd only scratch the surface. Constructed and opened in the 1930s, it was declared a national landmark five years ago. The drive offers an escape from daily life and a look at a beautiful valley.

The Yellow Button is in the process of expanding, but is also participating in Small Business Saturday.

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!