lte

President Donald Trump continues to believe Russian president Vladimir Putin's comments and questions the U.S. intelligence agencies' analyses about Russian meddling in the 2016 election. Trump doesn’t want the validity of his election as president to be questioned, but his criticism of our intelligence agencies and the FBI poses a risk to national security. The new FBI director, Christopher Wray, is reassigning the top echelon in the FBI to purge it of agents who Trump dislikes, and it’s quite similar to the operations of past and current foreign despotic rulers.

Trump, and the country, have to rely on our intelligence agencies and the FBI to provide information on our adversaries in the world. If the agencies don’t trust the president, they might be adversely affected in doing their jobs. I heard that morale takes a hit at the agencies every time Trump criticizes them. Trump is disrupting our intelligence agencies and the FBI. 

Unfortunately, Russia, China and other countries know that Trump likes to be flattered, which they’re happy to do in order to receive favorable treatment by our insecure president.

Our adversaries in the world are manipulating Trump to obtain concessions, and our national security is in jeopardy.

Donald Moskowitz is a resident of Londonderry, New Hampshire and was an intelligence officer on a Joint Naval staff from ’65-’67. Contact Moskowitz at bearmosk@aol.com.