Two injured in shooting

The victims were located by police officers near East Johnson and Community Street.

Two people were shot on West Grattan Street Sunday night, according to the Harrisonburg Police Department. 

Harrisonburg’s Emergency Communications Center received reports of shots fired on West Grattan Street Sunday at approximately 6:30 p.m. — HPD officers also responded to complaints of two gunshot wound victims on the 400 block of South Main Street, according to a news release.

After a preliminary investigation, HPD determined that the victims were in a parked car on West Grattan Street when they were approached by two males. A fight took place between the victim in the passenger seat and one of the males after a firearm was shown. The weapon was fired soon after and both victims were struck. 

The victims were located by police officers around East Johnson and Community Street, where they received immediate treatment. Both were transported to Sentara RMH Medical Center. One was later transported to U.Va. Medical Center. 

Two individuals have been arrested in connection to the shooting. 20-year-old Aaron Gordon Jr. and 20-year-old Za’Juan Page, both of Harrisonburg, were charged with two counts of conspiracy to commit robbery and two counts of conspiracy to commit malicious wounding. 

The department believes this is an isolated incident with no additional risk to the public. The incident is still under investigation and additional charges may be made. 

HPD would like anyone with information regarding the shooting to contact the Major Crimes Unit at (540) 437-2650.