Uber_fires_gun

Ryan Liskey, the Lyft driver that fired a gun, was charged with brandishing a firearm, assault and battery, and reckless handling of a firearm. 

At around 12:30 Sunday morning, Harrisonburg Police Department responded to the 1400 block of Devon Lane after receiving reports of a gunshot. 

When HPD officers arrived, they determined an altercation had taken place between an Lyft driver and a few residents over a parking spot after the driver pepper-sprayed a resident. When another resident tried to intervene, the driver discharged his pistol. 

HPD recovered the pistol and a shell casing from the scene. Ryan Liskey, 31, of Harrisonburg, was taken into custody at the scene and was charged with brandishing a firearm, assault and battery, and reckless handling of a firearm. 

A news release from HPD said this is believed to be an isolated incident and that there’s no risk to the public. 

CORRECTION (Nov. 3, 9:47 p.m.): A previous version of this article stated that the driver worked for Uber and his age was 21. Liskey is actually 31 and was driving for Lyft at the time of the incident. This error was made as a result of an incorrect press release. 

Contact the news desk at breezenews@gmail.com. For move coverage of JMU and Harrisonburg news, follow the news desk on twitter @BreezeNewsJMU.