classes

In the announcement Alger said JMU plans to resume its on-campus and in-person learning and residential operations for the fall of 2020. 

On Friday, President Alger announced updates for the 2020-21 school year. He made clarifications related to three areas: a freeze in tuition, plans to resume on-campus, in-person learning for fall 2020 semester and deposits by incoming first-year students. 

The JMU Board of Visitors voted not to increase tuition for any student for the 2020-21 school year — this includes all undergraduate, graduate, in-state and out-of-state students. 

In this announcement Alger said JMU plans to resume its on-campus and in-person learning and residential operations for the fall of 2020. 

The announcement said this decision comes after 15,000 responses to surveys from JMU parents, faculty and staff that declared they or their students want to return to campus in the fall. 

Additionally, the announcement stated that JMU will continue to monitor the “evolving public health situation carefully.” Andy Guertler, the medical director at JMU’s University Health Center who’s on the Contingency Planning Task Force, will be communicating with the JMU community in the upcoming weeks and months to prepare for on-campus operations for the 2020 fall semester. 

The announcement concluded with a statement telling the JMU community that “this fall will not look like any previous fall this campus has ever seen.”