copy for jmu best college for VA employment )

JMU makes it a priority for different colleges, such as the College of Business, to work with employers. 

The U.S. Department of Education named JMU the “Best College for Employment in Virginia” according to statistics compiled from Zippia, an organization that assists students in their search for careers.

Bill Wyatt, the director of communications and spokesman for JMU said the success can be attributed to JMU’s core curriculum, which he believes puts JMU above other universities competing for the title.

“Our core curriculum provides well-rounded students,” Wyatt said. “[The curriculum] provides the skills they need, the ones that employers are constantly talking about.”

He also said that multiple university departments, such as the College of Business, work with employers who are looking to hire JMU students.

“Our students leave here and they’re in high demand,” Wyatt said. “Our students are employed at a rate much higher than the national average … we certainly are happy to have the recognition, but this is something that we’ve been working on for a long time.”