new_meal_plans

All meal plans for the 2020-2021 academic year will include guest punches. 

In an email addressed to Student Ambassadors on Thursday afternoon, JMU Dining announced new meal plans for the 2020-2021 academic year which will all include guest meals. 

The email introduced the new All Access Meal Plans, which will entail the following: 

• No limit to swipes at D-Hall and E-Hall

• D-Hall will be open all day during the week with no shut down in between meals 

• There’s a punch allotment limit of three punches per day for Duke Deals/Retail Punches (21 per week, but use them or lose them daily) 

In order to get the most value out of this plan, which will be the default plan, the email said the new plan should be used at D-Hall or E-Hall. 

According to JMU Dining, this change comes as a result of 38% of 1,600 students surveyed about their meal plans said they felt food insecure in their first year and JMU Dining “had to do something.” 

There are four meal plans for the 2020-2021 academic year for on-campus residents. All plans are different from the previous four plans offered in the 2019-2020 academic year. 

The All Access Plus meal plan, costing $3,020 a semester, has unlimited meals, $275 Dining Dollars per semester, three punches per day for Duke Deals and Retail Punches and 12 guest meals per semester. 

The All Access meal plan will cost $2,920 a semester and will include unlimited meals. $175 Dining Dollars per semester, three punches per day for Duke Deals and Retail Punches and 12 guest meals per semester. 

The 14 Punch meal plan will cost $2,688 a semester and will include 14 meals per week, $275 Dining Dollars, all punches available can be used for Duke Deals and Retail Punches and seven guest meals a semester. 

Lastly, the 11 Punch meal plan will cost $2,816 a semester and will include 11 meals per week, $500 Dining Dollars, all punches available can be used for Duke Deals and Retail Punches and five guest meals a semester. 

Contact the news desk at breezenews@gmail.com. For move coverage of JMU and Harrisonburg news, contact the news desk on Twitter @BreezeNewsJMU.