Wilson

JMU’s Stop the Spread Agreement will be updated for students to sign beginning Jan. 8.

In an email sent to JMU students from University Communications at approximately 1 p.m. Dec. 21, questions regarding the upcoming spring semester were answered. 

University Communications wrote that Gov. Ralph Northam’s (D) new executive order influenced decisions administration made regarding the future of the 2020-21 academic year.

According to the email, classes will begin as scheduled Jan. 19 and will be entirely virtual through Jan. 29. Beginning Feb. 1, course delivery will reflect what students see on their schedules in MyMadison.

Those living on campus will be able to return to their residence halls between Jan. 29 and Jan. 31, according to the email. These students are also expected to complete COVID-19 entry testing prior to moving back into their hall. 

Additionally, on-campus residents will enjoy a “two-week credit” for their spring housing and dining plans. The specific amount of credit will vary between students, as it depends on the individual meal plan they selected. Refunds will be processed as a credit to the student’s account or applied to any outstanding balance they owe, according to the email.

Furthermore, JMU’s Stop the Spread Agreement will be updated for students to sign beginning Jan. 8.

According to the email, any additional changes made to the spring semester will be announced no later than Jan. 15.