Wilson

According to the email, JMU doesn’t expect every employee to return to campus on June 15.

JMU’s Human Resources announced guidelines to faculty and staff at approximately 8 a.m. Monday regarding their return to campus via email.

“The university has continued to operate during the pandemic thanks to your diligence working on campus and remotely,” Rick Larson, assistant vice president, HR, training and performance said in the email. “Beginning June 15, 2020, JMU will begin to increase on-campus staffing and carefully resume some on-site functions and services that have been operating on a limited basis due to the COVID-19 pandemic.”

According to the email, JMU doesn’t expect every employee to return to campus on June 15. The email described the return to campus as a “phased approach,” meaning staff can expect to hear details regarding their return from each department.

The return to campus comes with a set of new rules to protect the health and safety of students and staff. Beginning June 15, employees will be required to wear masks in university buildings and must practice social distancing of at least six feet. When students return in the fall, they’ll be required to wear masks and distance themselves from others when attending class, according to the email. Students will be required to provide their own masks.

In order to prepare for the return to campus, JMU is distributing fabric face masks to all faculty and staff members and ensuring that classrooms, labs and public restrooms are all cleaned twice each day by housekeeping.