class

Larger spaces like the Madison Union Ballroom will be used to allow in-person class meetings.

The Office of the Provost released a “Fall Schedule 2.0” at approximately 11 a.m. Monday. While the academic calendar for the fall 2020 semester won’t change, students and faculty will see changes in their day-to-day schedules.

“In developing this schedule, we aimed to provide as much in-person interaction as possible while attending to health and safety guidance from the CDC, the VDH, and the Governor,” Heather Coltman, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs said in an email.

According to the email, previously unused, larger spaces like the Madison Union Ballroom will be used to allow in-person class meetings. Meeting times are also being adjusted to allow for regular cleaning throughout the day. Additionally, JMU is attempting to maintain in-person classes for first year students and students taking in-person labs.

The modified schedule sticks to the typical Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Tuesday, Thursday structure, but inserts two 60-minute cleaning periods during the day.

schedule

The modified schedule inserts two 60-minute cleaning periods during the day.

JMU encourages students to contact their academic advisors with questions regarding fall classes.