new east campus dorm

Submitted ideas for the dorm's new name are due Oct. 28. 

A new 500-bed residence hall will be coming to East Campus during the fall of 2019. An online survey is available to submit possible names for the building.  

Submissions are due Oct. 28 and the winner of the contest will be announced Oct. 30. The winner will receive a $100 gift card available only to JMU students. 

The building site is adjacent to Convo F Lot on University Boulevard. A land bridge will be constructed over Driver Drive so the residence hall will be connected to the Skyline area.

The hall’s layout will accommodate both freshmen and upperclassmen. Larger-scale programs like a P.O.D. (Provisions on Demand) operation on the main level will be available to give residents a grab-and-go dining option. There will be a central community room available for meetings and studying with space for over 200 people. 

Survey participants are asked to provide their suggestion for the name of the hall, along with a reason for why the name is a good choice. Questions about the new hall can be directed to Social Media and Marketing Coordinator for the Office of Residence Life, Alicia Lamb, at lambam@jmu.edu

Contact the news desk at breezenews@gmail.com. For more coverage of JMU and Harrisonburg news, follow the news desk on Twitter @BreezeNewsJMU.