lights

Warrants were obtained yesterday for Elmer Rodriguez Mundo, 30, of Harrisonburg, according to a news release.

A press release from the Harrisonburg Police Department said HPD is in search of information regarding the location of a suspect wanted for involvement in several recent commercial burglaries.

It’s believed Mundo was involved in a string of burglaries that took place from April 6-8. Officers responded to reports of burglaries at the Circle K Exxon station, CiCi’s Pizza on East Market Street and the Family Convenience Store on Reservoir Street over this period. The method of entry was similar in multiple burglaries, leading police to believe they had been committed by the same individual.

Mundo is facing two misdemeanor charges of property damage, four felony counts of grand larceny, two felony counts of obtaining money by false pretenses and three counts of breaking and entering, according to the release.

Additionally, HPD is investigating several other commercial burglaries in the north section of the city.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Mundo or the other burglaries is encouraged to contact HPD’s Major Crimes Unit at (540) 437-2640. Those wishing to remain anonymous can do so by calling Crime Solvers at (540) 574-5050 or by texting HPD and their tip to CRIMES (274637).