Wallet theft

The wallet was stolen when an employee was lured away from the checkout area of Oasis Fine Art & Craft.

The Harrisonburg Police Department responded to Oasis Fine Art & Craft in the downtown district following a wallet theft on July 27.

The wallet was stolen when a female lured an employee away from the checkout area. In that time, another individual stole the employee’s wallet from her purse.

The employee later discovered her wallet was stolen after receiving alerts about potential fraudulent charges from her bank.

The suspects are described as two black females wearing hats. One female was wearing a blue hat and a black sweatshirt with the word “PINK” in white letters. She was wearing her hair in braids that appeared to be dyed green. The second female was wearing a gold, zip-up jacket and a pink hat. A third suspect is described as a black male with a goatee and a gray Nike hat.

HPD is requesting anyone with information regarding the suspects to contact the Major Crimes Unit at (540) 437-2650. Individuals wishing to remain anonymous may call Crime Solvers at (540) 574-5050 or by texting “HPD” and their tip to CRIMES (274637).