Mundo_mugshot

Mundo, 30, was arrested in connection with a series of commerical burglaries and other offenses. 

On April 16, the Harrisonburg Police Department's Major Crimes Unit arrested and charged Elmer Rodriguez Mundo, 30, of Harrisonburg, in relation to a series of commercial burglaries and other offenses beginning April 5. His arrest comes after warrants were obtained on April 9. 

According to a news release from HPD, Mundo is responsible for the burglaries of seven convenience stores and one restaurant. The Circle K Exxon station, CiCi’s Pizza on East Market Street and the Family Convenience Store on Reservoir Street were some of the establishments Mundo is charged for burglarizing.

Mundo was charged with five counts of felony breaking and entering, six counts of misdemeanor property damage, eight counts of felony larceny and one felony count of attempted breaking and entering, according to the news release.

HPD encourages anyone who may have additional information related to these crimes to contact Detective Brooke Wetherell at (540) 432-7788. Those who wish to remain anonymous can contact Crime Solvers by calling (540) 574-5050 or by texting “HPD” plus their tip to CRIMES (274637).