fraud case

These three individuals are said to be involved in the fraud incident. HPD asks if anyone has information about their whereabouts to contact them. 

UPDATE (Jan. 14, 12:01 p.m.): The Harrisonburg Police Department has positively identified all three suspects in the fraud incident. HPD has established that the original suspects weren’t involved in the incident at all. This confusion was created because these individuals’ transaction was mistakenly included in the transactions that were reported as fraud. The individuals pictured above weren’t involved in any criminal activity related to this case.

The Harrisonburg Police Department is investigating a credit card fraud incident in which the victim’s information was compromised and used by three individuals. According to HPD, these men are possibly either local residents or students at one of the colleges in the area.

The suspects used the victim’s card to purchase food at a restaurant in Harrisonburg before making large withdrawals at several ATMs in Virginia and Maryland. The vehicle the suspects were traveling in is described as a gray, two-door car with black rims.

HPD asks that if anyone has information regarding this incident to contact the Major Crimes Unit.