Williams

Williams holds a Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences from George Washington University and a Doctor of Medicine from UVA.

Peter Williams, a local emergency department physician, was named the new Medical Director for HFD Monday. The change follows the retirement of Nazir Adam, who served in the position for 16 years, according to a press release from the Harrisonburg Fire Department, 

In his position, Williams will oversee numerous services provided by HFD, including the quality of care provided by HFD’s firefighters, according to the release.

“I am honored to become the Medical Director for the Harrisonburg Fire Department,” Williams said in the release. “I would like to personally thank Dr. Adam for his many years of service and look forward to moving our Fire-based EMS system forward.”

Williams holds a Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences from George Washington University and a Doctor of Medicine from UVA. Prior to working as a physician, Williams worked as a firefighter and paramedic with the city of Fairfax’s fire department.

In the release, Harrisonburg City Manager Eric Campbell expressed his excitement for Williams to fill the position.

“We are thrilled to have Dr. Williams as the new Medical Director,” Harrisonburg City Manager Eric D. Campbell said. “The fire department’s function as the designated provider of EMS in the City makes his role critical in the oversight of the care our personnel provide.”