New_bus_Schedule

The new routes will have more frequent stops on and off campus. 

This semester, students and faculty will have improved access to JMU’s campus due to a simplified schedule and increased frequency of bus rides. The change is due to input the Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation received from riders regarding the previous schedule.

Beginning late this month, riders will have access to color-coded bus routes that will make more frequent stops between campus and off-campus housing complexes. According to a press release from the city of Harrisonburg, the new routes will make the service easier for new riders to understand.

“You’ve asked, and we’ve listened,” HDPT Transit Superintendent Avery Daugherty said in the release. “You’ve asked for more frequent service that’s easier to understand, and these new improvements will accomplish that while optimizing our ability to serve you. If you haven’t tried the bus in a while, we encourage you to give us another try and see all the changes we have made.”

Additionally, HDPT is introducing the Downtown Shuttle, which will service the downtown area on Saturday nights from 7 p.m. to 1:21 a.m. Sunday mornings. The shuttle will stop at the Godwin Transit Center and other locations on Bluestone Drive while also completing a loop around the downtown area, as far north to the City Produce Exchange building on Noll Drive.