Police lights (chase copy)

Tejeda Molina was apprehended after crashing into a utility pole on Smithland Road. 

UPDATE (Dec. 8, 7:25 p.m.): Jorge Justin Tejeda Molina was arrested at 3:40 p.m. Saturday and served 11 warrants. Tejeda Molina is being held without bond at the Rockingham County Regional Jail. 

At approximately 5 a.m. Saturday morning, a Harrisonburg man crashed his vehicle into a residence on the 1000 block of Lois Lane, entered the residence, assaulted the individuals inside and fled the scene in his vehicle, according to the Harrisonburg Police Department. No serious injuries were reported at the residence.

When HPD responded, an officer saw the vehicle leaving the residence and attempted to pull the driver over. After pursuing the vehicle onto I-81 North and East Market Street, the driver eventually crashed into a utility pole on Smithland Road.

The driver, 18-year-old Jorge Justin Tejeda Molina, was flown to U. Va. Medical Center with unknown injuries. Felony warrants have been obtained for breaking and entering, property damage, attempted malicious wounding, assault and battery and eluding a police officer. Tejeda Molina’s arrest is pending release from medical care.