Downtown_Parking

The City will use the feedback its received from previous events to gauge the Wednesday meetings. 

Harrisonburg City will hold two forums Wednesday at City Hall’s Council Chambers to present potential parking changes for the downtown area.  

According to a news release, the forums will focus on gaining recommendations from the public about resolving parking issues downtown. There are two scheduled meeting times: 9-11 a.m. and 6-8 p.m. 

The City has received recommendations to create technology that alerts drivers of available parking, investing in advanced wayfinding technology and promoting shared parking agreements, from the public. 

“We have appreciated all the feedback we have received so far from the community regarding what they would like to see with parking in Downtown,” Public Works Director Tom Hartman said in a news release. “Now that we have recommendations to consider, it is vital that those with an interest in downtown parking take advantage of this opportunity to weigh in with their input.”

On top of the upcoming forums, Harrisonburg residents are eligible to fill out an online survey focusing on the new recommendations. The survey is expected to go live in the next few weeks and will be available here