fees_and_registration

Comprehensive fees for online classes this summer will reduce to 50% of what they usually are.

On April 7, JMU Business Services announced changes regarding both fees for summer 2020 online classes and registration dates for the fall 2020 semester. These changes come as a result of previous alterations to JMU coursework and class schedules due to the coronavirus.  

The announcement clarified that this reduction in fees is only for the comprehensive fees that students are charged each semester and doesn’t have any effect on tuition rates. The reduction in fees only applies for the summer 2020 semester. 

Tuition for Virginia residents who are undergraduate students will be $420 per credit hour and $492 per credit hour for graduate students. For non-Virginia residents, tuition will be $987 per credit hour for undergraduate students and $1,129 per credit hour for graduate students. 

Comprehensive fees for online classes this summer will reduce to 50% of what they usually are. Instead of charging $50 per credit hour, they’ll now be $25 per credit hour. This means there will be a $75 savings for three-credit courses. 

According to the announcement, the university made this decision because some students who weren’t planning to take classes this summer now need to or want to take summer courses to “continue their academic progress.” 

Additionally, fall registration has been postponed. Fall 2020 semester registration will begin April 20, instead of April 13 for graduate students, doctoral students and seniors. On April 21, it’ll start for juniors, and on April 22 sophomores will be able to enroll, and lastly, on April 23 freshmen will be able to enroll. 

According to the announcement, new enrollment appointments will go up April 8.