Alec Baldwin hosted this week's "SNL" episode

Alec Baldwin hosted this week's "SNL" episode.

Alec Baldwin has practically become a cast member of “SNL” again due to his popular portrayal of President Trump, so it only felt natural to see him on the stage as a host. This was Baldwin’s 17th time hosting “SNL,” allowing him to maintain the claim of hosting "SNL" the most.

Overall, it was a strong episode that surprisingly, wasn't based around Trump. Here’s a rundown of the top three sketches of the night.

3. Russell Stover
“SNL” reminds us that Valentine's Day isn’t the only holiday in February that can be celebrated with chocolate. This video sketch shows Russell Stover’s new collection of chocolate heads to celebrate Black History Month. Famous figures included in the heads range from a chocolate peanut butter George Washington Carver to even former President Bill Clinton.

2. Trump People’s Court

Trump, played by Baldwin, takes on the Ninth Circuit Court judges who overturned his executive order in this made-for-TV court case. This live sketch is filled with great one-liners that will be remembered such as when the judge, played by Cecily Strong, said “I want one day without a CNN alert that doesn’t scare the hell out of me. I just want to relax and watch the Grammys and no one has ever said that.”

1. Sean Spicer Press Conference Cold Open

The highlight of the night had to be Melissa McCarthy once again playing Sean Spicer in the first sketch of the night. McCarthy lays down the law with the reporters and once again has to bring out her box of props to help explain why a blonde Barbie is allowed into America but Moana will be sent to Guantanamo Bay. Kate McKinnon played Jeff Sessions as an added bonus for the sketch, and will hopefully continue to play him in the future.

Other notable sketches of the night that didn’t make the list include Leslie Wants to Play Trump in which Leslie Jones dreams of replacing Baldwin as Trump on “SNL” and Beyonce’s Babies where we get a look at what Beyonce’s twins, played by Tracy Morgan and Kenan Thompson, are up to.

While this episode had strong sketches, there were some weak moments in the night including the Gym Class sketch. This featured a high schooler, played by Mikey Day, who farted every time he did a sit up. Really “SNL?” An entire sketch dedicated to a simple fart joke?

The next new “SNL” episode will be hosted by Octavia Spencer on March 4 with a musical guest yet to be announced.

Joey Scully is a senior marketing major. Contact Joey at scullyjs@dukes.jmu.edu.