Wandavision 7

As trouble continues to ramp up on “WandaVision,” fans should be anxious for the next two episodes. 

After the expansion of the Hex at the end of episode 6 of “WandaVision,” the times have changed once again as Wanda (Elizabeth Olsen) lives through her own version of “Modern Family.” This episode is equal parts hilarious and disturbing as Wanda seems to lose control of the Hex, Darcy (Kat Dennings) and Vision (Paul Bettany) attempt to confront Wanda and Agnes’ (Kathryn Hahn) origin is revealed in a shocking twist.

In an attempt to rest for the day, Wanda allows Agnes to take care of Billy (Julian Hilliard) and Tommy (Jett Klyne). Agnes’ babysitting style is funny as she awkwardly talks with the twins only for her to explain the opposite in a cutaway. This includes Agnes telling the twins she won’t bite, only to mention in the cutaway that she has bitten a child before.

While alone, Wanda’s powers appear to be wildly out of control, much like during her pregnancy. When pouring a bowl of cereal, a carton of milk changes to a glass bottle along with other furniture changing back to designs from previous episodes. This shows Wanda’s loss of control in a humorous way while still acting as a reminder that consequences are right around the corner.

Vision and Darcy work together to try and reach Wanda, resulting in a slow but hysterical journey. Both are found to be near a carnival when Vision wakes up and frees Darcy from the Hex’s control. Both attempt to drive to Wanda’s home only for constant obstacles to get in their way, such as a construction crew and a group of children going to school. They take the time to do cutaway interviews as Vision starts to realize he has powers and could just use them to get home faster.

As this happens, Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Parris) attempts to re-enter the Hex to warn Wanda against continuing her aggression. She learns that SWORD also wishes to revive Vision, though potentially for nefarious reasons. In Westview, she starts to discover her previous trips through the Hex have allowed her to develop powers that have yet to be explained. Unsurprisingly, Monica finding Wanda doesn’t end well, with both women arguing while Agnes takes Wanda’s side.

Toward the end of the episode, Agnes finally reveals her origin as a classic but complicated comic character. The twist should please fans and build up hype for the major potential of the rest of the series. 

This reveal gives a creepy vibe that also explains what she’s been doing throughout the show. One detail that emerges is her awareness of being in the show the entire time, explaining her out-of-place fourth wall breaks and suspicious comments.

In a pleasant surprise, there’s finally a post-credits scene. While the events shown are not too important, it’s still nice to have an extra scene to speculate about as Pietro (Evan Peters) is shown to be fine after Wanda hit him in the previous episode.

As trouble continues to ramp up on “WandaVision,” fans should be anxious for the next two episodes. They may finally get to see Vision’s questions answered, along with the development of Rambeau’s power similar to the comics. Any lingering questions will sadly have to wait yet another painful week for answers in the next episode of “WandaVision.”

Contact Caleb Barbachem at barbaccf@dukes.jmu.edu. For more on the culture, arts and  lifestyle of the JMU and Harrisonburg communities, follow the culture desk on Twitter and Instagram @Breeze_Culture.