big bang

"The Big Bang Theory" has been popular for years and has even won Emmy awards.

After 12 seasons of laughter and science, TV sitcom “The Big Bang Theory” is coming to an end. This show redefined the stereotypical idea of a nerd and showed that they too can be cool. While every episode was filled with memorable moments, here are ten episodes that are the most unforgettable.

10. Season 5 Episode 20: The Transporter Malfunction

When Penny comes back from a trip to the comic book store, she surprises Leonard and Sheldon with collectible Star Trek Transporter toys in mint condition. The guys both agree to hold back the temptation of playing with them and keep them in the original boxes to protect their value. Soon enough, Sheldon can’t stand it anymore and decides to open his and accidentally breaks it. He then switches his with Leonard’s who then thinks his came broken. After that, his Spock action figure starts to appear in his subconscious and guilts him into confessing.

9. Season 1 Episode 15: The Pork Chop Indeterminacy

Sheldon’s attractive twin sister comes to town and all of his friends are trying to win her over and ask her out. While all of the guys are trying, Sheldon believes he should have the final say in who she dates due to his concern about the genetics that would be passed down to his future niece or nephew. She finds out about it and sets him straight.

8. Season 11 Episode 21: The Comet Polarization

When Leonard, Sheldon, Raj, Howard and Penny are looking at the night sky, Penny discovers a rare comet through Raj’s telescope. They report the discovery to NASA, but Raj puts his name as the person who discovered it, even though Penny was the one who pointed it out. Also, Stewart’s small comic book shop gets mentioned on social media by Neil Gaiman, which draws in more customers than ever before.

7. Season 3 Episode 17: The Precious Fragmentation

When the four guys go to a garage sale, they find a box of interesting items including a gold ring. They soon find out the ring is the actual prop from “The Lord of the Rings” franchise. They all want to keep it independently, but suddenly start fighting over who gets it. Whenever one of them holds it, they get a feeling of greed and selfishness just like the characters of the popular films.

6. Season 3 Episode 22: The Staircase Implementation

Penny overhears Sheldon and Leonard fighting over the thermostat and the roommate agreement. Leonard soon comes to her apartment to calm down. He then tells her the story of how he met Sheldon and became his roomate. This episode was filled with great backstory items such as the origin of the roommate agreement, the story of why Sheldon has “his spot,” which was originally a folding chair before they bought the couch, Leonard being interviewed as well as quizzed on science and comic trivia.

5. Season 11 Episode 1: The Proposal Proposal

After Sheldon realizes how he feels about Amy, he flies to New Jersey where she’s interning to ask her to marry him. While the newly engaged couple is filled with excitement, Howard and Bernadette are trying to figure things out after receiving an unexpected pregnancy test result.

4. Season 5 Episode 24: The Countdown Reflection

As Howard is sitting in the cockpit of a rocketship, he takes some time to look back on the past week, which included his wedding to Bernadette. While it wasn’t an easy ceremony to plan, the couple decided to say their vows on the roof of their apartment and pose for a picture right when the camera for Google Earth passed over that exact location.

3. Season 11 Episode 24: The Bowtie Asymmetry

While Sheldon and Amy’s wedding is approaching, their friends and family are making sure everything is in place for the big day. Howard even gets Mark Hamill from Star Wars to be the officiant at the ceremony, but the bride and groom are not as ready to get started as everybody else. They’re busy solving a physics problem together and delay the wedding.

2. Season 3 Episode 18: The Pants Alternative

When Sheldon receives a physics award, he’s asked to say a few words at an upcoming banquet. Sheldon’s only problem is that he has stage fright. When his friends realize this, they all agree to help him prepare for his speech and potentially overcome his fear of public speaking. Alcohol is the answer they come up with, but it doesn’t work out too well.

1. Season 1 Episode 1: The Pilot

Sheldon, Leonard, Howard and Raj’s scientific life turns upside down when sweet, actress-wannabe Penny moves into the apartment across the hall. When the four men find out she’s single, they try everything they can think of to win her affections, but they’re not very good at it.

“The Big Bang Theory” has made people laugh for many years and made nerdiness a cool thing for a whole generation. Fans will miss seeing the group of friends go on new adventures, but we can always remember the classics fondly and keep watching the reruns in syndication and on demand.

Contact Gracie Brogowski at brogowsx@dukes.jmu.edu. For more on the culture, arts and lifestyle of the JMU and Harrisonburg communities, follow the culture desk on Twitter @Breeze_Culture.