IMG_4805.jpg

"The transition from high school to college was a little bit more difficult than I thought it would be the first week, just ’cause I ended up having to deal with a lot of things on my own that I definitely was not ready for. But, I ended up hitting the ground running and learning very quickly, which I’m thankful for. But, it definitely was a bit of a reality check. 

It’s been a very up-and-down week, I guess you could say. It started out very much how you would expect a freshman year to go. And then, it’s become so much better. I’ve met so many really cool people, I got to do a lot of stuff with the [marching band], and I love all of my classes so far. I’m excited for this year. It’s gonna be fun, and it’s only been two weeks so far. 

I’m not a very social person ’cause, you know, not all people are, necessarily. I’m not great at talking in social situations, but I remember the first three or so days. Everything was just ... it was so bad. I wasn’t talking to anybody, I was just sulking in the corner because I didn’t know what to do. And then, a couple days went by, and some of my [marching band section] members had been, you know, talking to me more, and I started meeting up and meeting people around here, and it just ... it got me so much comfort, and I began getting a whole lot more comfortable with the fact of being at college and being on my own. And that all happened in the span of, like, four days, I think. Three days, it was just really bad. Then, the fourth day, things just turned around. It’s been good since then."