LIFE FAS-NYFW 120 NY

From collector's sets to lipstick trios and mystery surprises, this holiday season brings a combination of shimmer and color for even the newest of makeup gurus.

The holidays are around the corner and procrastination is tiptoeing in behind it. With mere days until Christmas, some of us may be coming to the realization that we have one makeup guru — who quite possibly loves to shimmer and shine just like a Christmas tree topper — still left on the shopping list.

Luckily, there are plenty of options to make up for the lost time, pun intended. Here are five makeup gift sets to come to the rescue.

Urban Decay: Naked Cherry Vault

Get naked this Christmas — literally.

Urban Decay’s newest addition to its award-winning eyeshadow collection is Naked Cherry: a stunning, pink-toned palette complete with a dual-ended brush and both matte and shimmer shades.

While buyers can get just the palette, one can step up their gift-giving game by buying the whole Naked Cherry set. Urban Decay’s Naked Cherry Vault, which comes with the palette, two 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils (one black, one dark cherry red) and three Vice Lipsticks. Each item comes full-sized.

The makeup lover in your life can see the world through cherry-tinted glasses, or at least with a tantalizing, cherry-tinted smokey eye and vampy lip.

Sephora Favorites Glow For It Gift Set

Every day, I strive to leave my house with my cheekbones shimmering like a thousand Christmas lights. Thanks to Sephora, we all can.

Every year around the holidays, Sephora offers gift sets with mini versions of its best-selling products. One of this year’s sets is Glow For It. This set comes with everything needed to be a dewy, luminous goddess. There are five products, ranging from the Milk Makeup Luminous Blur Stick to Benefit Cosmetics High Beam liquid highlighter to help you achieve the perfect glow.

Fenty Beauty: Rihanna’s Mystery Surprise

We stan a queen — a Rihanna queen.

The singer and now makeup-brand creator broke the beauty world over a year ago with the release of her makeup line Fenty Beauty, which was designed with every skin tone in mind. Rihanna continues her makeup excellence with a holiday gift set, Rihanna’s Mystery Surprise.

The set comes with a KillaWat Freestyle Highlighter palette and a choice of one pencil trio (one of which has sold out online). The great thing about this set, and Rihanna’s whole line for that matter, is it’s multipurpose, with the pencils being used for both eyes and lips and the highlighter palette for dusting on product to both eyes and cheekbones.

The surprise lies in the gift inserted within each set. While buyers can pick which palette and pencils they want, each set comes with a surprise gift. This can be a drawstring bag, holographic clutch or the palette signed by Rihanna herself, of which there are only 20.

It’s a bit steeply priced at $93 for just four items, but if there’s the chance to get something signed by the queen herself? Sign me up.

Pat McGrath Labs: LUST: Mini MatteTrance Lipstick Trio

There are few beauty trends as versatile as a matte lip. If the makeup extraordinaire in your life is classic, or just enjoys having a pop non-shimmery of color, Pat McGrath’s MatteTrance Lipstick Trio might be a good bet.

The trio of black and gold tubes comes in two colors: one in dark, seductive berries and the other in eye-catching reds and pinks. Its size makes it easy to throw into a purse or makeup bag to have on the go whenever reapplication is needed.

Tarte: Pineapple of my Eye Collector’s Set

For the beauty queen (or king) who loves it all, Tarte’s Pineapple of My Eye set has everything needed to complete a holiday look. From eyeshadows and eyeliner to blushes and highlighters, here’s the run-down.

The golden, pineapple-shaped palette has 24 eyeshadows, two blushes, a bronzer and a highlighter. The set also comes with a mascara, liquid eyeliner and a tube of lipstick to finish off the perfect pout. Who lives under a pineapple under the sea? SpongeBob Squarepants and whoever else receives this palette.

Contact Abby Church at thebreezeculture@gmail.com.For more on the culture, arts and lifestyle of the JMU and Harrisonburg communities, follow the culture desk on Twitter @Breeze_Culture.

Abby Church is the Editor-in-Chief of The Breeze. She’s a junior media arts and design major with a concentration in journalism and a minor in creative writing. Fun fact: she's an award winning reporter and rapper.