• June 30, 2015

West Grace Street closed for construction - The Breeze: News

West Grace Street closed for construction

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2013 7:57 pm

From Nov. 5 through Feb. 24, West Grace Street will be closed to through traffic for sewer and water line reconfigurations for JMU’s new student housing project, according to the Harrisonburg Public Works Department.

The portion of Grace Street from Main Street to Walnut Lane will be closed to the public as well, but will remain open for residents, their visitors and contractors.

Pedestrian traffic will be maintained for the duration of the project. The bus stops on West Grace street will be temporarily relocated to 396 High St., between Grace Street and Cantrell Avenue by the bank building.

Several parking lots will remain accessible from High Street onto Grace Street including R-11, C-6 and 131 Grace St. offices parking and United Way parking areas.

The S-Parking lot located behind Anthony-Seeger Hall and Grace Street House will be accessible from Main Street but will only have one single point of entry and exit. People who use the Facility Maintenance Parking Area will be asked to exit only onto West Grace Street from University Services Building parking area.

The University Services Building parking area for deliveries, material drop offs, gas pump access or garage access will be accessible from the lane that runs behind the University Services Building and exits onto West Grace Street.

Questions should be directed to the JMU community affairs manager at 540-568-4750.

More about

More about